Tuesday 8 March 2011

Fabulous Facebook

Facebook is a strange one.  I have a love hate realtionship with it.  I really enjoy using Facebook on my phone app http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=832875270 just can't be bothered to use it on my computer.
I do follow other library colleagues as well as personal friends and find it a fascinating insight into people's lives, even just the ordinary is somehow comforting.  And being able to read it all very quickly off a small screen on my phone when waiting to but a coffee is as much as I want to do. 
It's also enabled me catch up with many of my old school friends (you'll notice some very dodgy school photos that people keep tagging me on if you choose to 'like' my Facebook page) and that too has been really interesting in finding out how their lives have panned out.
On the more serious, work side I do use the Library Facebook page, again as a means of communicating with students on things that might be happening in the Library which will be of interest to them.
Facebook is also added to my Tweetdeck, so when I choose to access this at home on my computer I can see all the posts in full - still prefer my phone app though ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment